Statute of Westminster Act, c. 4
To see this item in our search room please contact us: email@example.com
- Held At: Parliamentary Archives: GB-061
- Catalogue Reference: HL/PO/PU/1/1931/22&23G5c4
- Former Archival Reference: Display Document E.41
- Date: 1931
- Level: File
- Extent: 1 Act of Parliament
- Creator Name: House of Lords; Public Bill Office; 1849-
- Category: Acts of Parliament/Laws/Legislation
- Description: The Act established equality of status between the Parliament of the United Kingdom and the Parliaments of the Dominions. It was declared that no future Act of the United Kingdom Parliament should extend to any Dominion without the request and consent of that Dominion being expressed in the Act. Dominion Parliaments were empowered to make laws irrespective of their being contrary to the law of England and to repeal any British statute which formed part of the law of the Dominion.
- Access Status: Open
- Access Conditions: This record contains information of outstanding constitutional or historical importance and access to the original document is restricted. Requests to view will be dealt with by providing access to a copy.
- Reproduction Conditions: Copies should be made from the digital surrogate of this record.
- Physical Description: The Act is in the format which has been used for Public Acts since 1849. Each Act is printed, after the Royal Assent, in a vellum booklet with a red silk tape. The first page of the Act is superscribed with the Royal Assent "Le Roy le veult".
- Copies Exist: A digital copy of this record is available. For information about how to view it, which may include online access, please follow the link below.