Public Act, 14 Charles II, c. 4
To see this item in our search room please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Held At: Parliamentary Archives: GB-061
- Catalogue Reference: HL/PO/PU/1/1662/14C2n3
- Former Archival Reference: Display document E.84
- Date: 1662
- Level: File
- Extent: 1 Act of Parliament
- Category: Acts of Parliament/Laws/Legislation
- Description: An Act for the Uniformity of Public Prayers and Administration of Sacraments, and other Rites and Ceremonies, and for establishing the Form of making, ordaining and consecrating Bishops, Priests and Deacons in the Church of England [Act of Uniformity, Public Prayers].
The Act of Uniformity enforced the use of the Book of Common Prayer (1661) for church services.
- Related Material: The Book of Common Prayer originally annexed to the Act is now preserved separately (HL/PO/LB/1/36/2). For the Act of Uniformity of 1559 see HL/PO/PU/1/1558/1Eliz1n2.
- Related Record:
- Access Status: Open
- Access Conditions: This record contains information of outstanding constitutional or historical importance and access to the original document is restricted. Requests to view will be dealt with by providing access to a copy.
- Reproduction Conditions: Copies should be made from the digital surrogate of this record.
- Copies Exist: A digital copy of this record is available. For information about how to view it, which may include online access, please follow the link below.