Photographs, Cartoons, Certificates and Audio-Visual Records
For ordering, viewing and copying options: please select Ordering and Viewing
- Held At: Parliamentary Archives: GB-061
- Catalogue Reference: CPA/2
- Date: 1914-1977
- Level: Series
- Extent: 8 sub-series, 100 files
- Description: This series comprises photographs of CPA events and delegates for the period 1913 to 1977 (CPA/2/1-6); also includes a file of photographs showing Winston Churchill addressing Commonwealth Conferences and some showing air raid damage sustained in the Blitz on the Palace of Westminster (CPA/2/1/1). Includes audio-visual materials relating to Commonwealth issues and culture (CPA/2/7) as well as cartoons and certificates of appreciation from delegates (CPA/2/8).
- Access Status: Open
- Access Conditions: The photographs are with the Conservation studio undergoing packaging, cleaning and general conservation work
- Physical Description: All photographs are black and white unless otherwise stated
Ordering the Document
Sorry, this document cannot be ordered.
There are several reasons why documents cannot be ordered. Including:
- Most closed files are closed for a set period at the point of transfer. Requests to see these files will be considered in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act 2000. To see these you will need to submit a Freedom of Information Request in writing, such as by sending an online message or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the catalogue references of the documents you are interested in.
- Documents containing sensitive personal information about living individuals are closed under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018.
- A few of our documents are in poor physical condition and are too fragile to be consulted. Some damaged documents can still be seen under the supervision of Collection Care staff, by appointment. We also have an ongoing programme of conservation and digitisation to improve long term access to the collection.
- Trying to order a group of documents rather than single items that can be consulted in the search room. In this case, please use the Browse by Hierarchy tab to navigate down to records with the level File or Item.