Papers of William Camden
To see this item in our search room please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Held At: Parliamentary Archives: GB-061
- Catalogue Reference: CAM
- Former Archival Reference: Historical Collection 249
- Date: c1600
- Level: Fonds
- Extent: 1 Reel of microfilm
- Creator Name: Camden; William (1551-1623) Antiquary and Historian
- Administrative or Biographical History: Camden was an antiquary and historian who wrote extensively on British History; he is particularly famous for his history of the British Isles, published in 8 volumes from 1586 to 1607 and his history of the reign of Elizabeth I.
- Acquisition: Microfilm copy acquired by Parliamentary Archives on 19 January 1978 from the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University. Accession number 1766.
- Category: Personal/Political Papers
- Description: A common-place book containing lists of Peers in the House of Lords from Edward I to James I, proceedings in Parliament (c.1600); also include some information on heraldry and the genealogy of Peers.
- Language: English and Latin
- Related Material: The British Library posseses additional manuscripts : Correspondence and literary MSS in Index of English literacy MSS vol 1 (1450-1625), additional correspondence and miscellaneous literary papers in the Cotton MS, a history of the reign of Queen Elizabeth in Add MSS 25286 and draft letters in Ad MS 36294; the National Libary of Scotland holds some Scottish genealogical papers in Adv MS 33 2 36.
- Access Status: Open
- Physical Description: Microfilm copy
- Originals Exist: Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript
Library Yale University, 1063A Yale Station, New Haven, Connecticut, U.S.A. 06520